Monday, April 30, 2007

Prom Again at Thirty Five



On Saturday night April 28 2007 Tathie, who was absolutely
stunning, and I along with several friends went to a Prom event organized by a local radio station. I thought the idea of going to a prom would be a fun group event as it had been several years since I had been to my High School Prom. I figured since my mentality had changed a bit that it may be fun. I was not exactly the prom King in school but I may have had dreams of running over the Prom King with by light blue 1985 two door Nissan Pulsar coupe. Sounded like fun at the time. We have some new friends by the name of Orion and Kim who were able to get some extra tickets for the prom event. It was great that they were able to include us on the free tickets. I think that we had more fun at the restaurant before the Prom than we did at the prom itself. The regular ticket price was $20 but of course it is usually who you know. Thanks Guys . The prom felt more like a club experience which should have had a cover charge. The music was not great and I think most of the group left feeling the same way. It had been years since I had done the club scene and I didn't miss it. The heaviness in the room was very apparent. Some of the people at the event were there seeking something that they will never find by themselves. Tathie overheard some women in the restroom talking about being there to meet men. Tathie and I also ran into a guy that we had gone to church with in the past. He had left his wife for greener pastures but had obviously not found it yet. He was obviously there by himself still seeking something better. As this guy left the event he tapped me on the arm and told me told me to "hold things down". If people continue to do exactly the same things and go down the same roads what gives them the impression that the outcome will be different. I speaking to myself also. I have spoken to and counseled dozens of people through our domestic case work and I will tell you that infidelity has little or nothing to do with physical appearance. It has to do with filling a need or the perception of a need. It is amazing that I have had clients that were very attractive people who's spouses were having an affair with someone who was very appearance challenged. Some more insensitive people may refer to these people as dog meat. I can not exactly explain this except for the fact that it has been true for many cases. If you are placing yourself in a vulnerable or compromising situation it is only a matter of time before you get burned or you get something that you can't kill with Penicillin. The penicillin part is a joke. I would do the prom thing again but the only reason I would go would be to spend a fun filled evening with by beautiful bride Tathie and some very close friends. A special time was the fact that my sister Crystal and her husband Chase attended the Prom with us. That was a fun part because my sister is ten years younger than I am and we had never done anything like that together before. My sister is a great sister and a special lady and we had a blast . I do intend to provide some constructive feedback to the radio station in hopes that they will make some music improvements for the next time. Hopefully some seventies and eighties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a FREAK? You hang out with me!!!!
C.B.&Christie